Things to Consider When Insulating
- What type of insulation is being used?
- Does the insulation meet or exceed local building codes and national recommended insulation levels?
- How effective is the insulation (thermal performance, acoustical performance)?
- Is the insulation resistant moisture, fire and settling?
- Is the insulation material safe and sustainable?
- Is the insulation cost effective?
Thanks to more than sixty years in the insulation business, G&G Insulation is well versed on the best types of insulation and applications to solve a variety of home comfort or energy loss issues and can recommend the best solution for your project.
Home Energy Auditing
An energy audit is an in-depth assessment of your building envelope conducted by a certified energy rater. According to RESNET, the authority on home energy auditing, home energy audits have three main objectives:
- Figuring out where and how energy is being lost
- Locating inefficient operating systems
- Determining cost-effective ways to enhance home efficiency and comfort
Your House as a System
Though insulation is one of the most essential and cost-effective ways to create overall efficiency, there are many factors to take into consideration that also affect your home’s energy efficiency and performance. Insulation and air sealing combined with energy-efficient appliances, windows, doors, lighting and HVAC equipment build a whole-house efficiency system that will prove beneficial throughout the year and for years to come.
If you still have questions, we have answers! Visit our Insulation FAQ page for even more insulation information or call us today at 208-377-8781 to schedule a no-obligation consultation!